“Great Moments are Born from Great Opportunities.” Lake Placid Bound!
Some things to do in Lake Placid:
- Check out and practice on historic Olympic ice, home of the 1980 Olympics and the “Miracle on Ice” USA impassioned win over the Soviets at the Herb Brooks Arena. Ask your coaches what they remember about that 1980 game.
- Team photos on Olympic Ice, anyone?
- Recall, reflect on Herb Brooks pep talk to team USA before their legendary win: Link: Herb Brooks pre-game speech to team USA in the 1980 Olympic match up
- Visit the Olympic Museum, watch clips from the game and check out old hockey memorabilia– pretty cool stuff in there!
- Visit the bobsled and luge complex, or the Olympic ski-jumping complex.
- Walk across, skate on , toboggan on the beautiful, frozen Mirror Lake.
- Team dinner.
- Explore the beautiful town with your teammates.
- Hang out with your team, have fun!
- Get inspired for the Beekmantown game tomorrow! “This is your time”